Monday, December 18, 2006

Mom's Sweater

I finally found someone to pose in my Mom's sweater - I finished this a week or so ago and was trying to find someone who would hold still that I could get it wrapped around! (I am learning quickly that it's hard to find people to play model; many folks don't want their faces photographed) - this one was a bear for two reasons - problem number one was I ended up needing 3 more balls of yarn to finish the sweater, but there was none left in this dye lot - Luckily, Bishops had a color almost EXACTLY the same - it's not noticeable at all. The second problem was when I was attaching the pieces together - part A: - I sewed one of the sides totally wrong - so it has the seam on the outside - very fashionable but not the look I wanted - so it had to be ripped out and redone - (luckily, I know the trick of using a "different" yarn to sew up my pieces - so it's easier to see the yarn you use to attach the pieces!) - part B: - I sewed my last arm on inside out! (I did this on the other sweater I made for Sheila also!) -

I mailed this out to my mom in her Holiday package today - she will get it in time for Christmas! I hope she'll wear it, and with any luck, I might get a photo of her in it - I didn't do it, but I was thinking of sending out a gift certificate for a photo package at walmart or something in the hopes that she'd model it for me also! Oh well... Gregg and I plan on going out there in February - maybe I will be able to get her to model it for me then..

Kyle

No comments: