A finished object: I finished my noro striped scarf - started on Friday it's a k/p across, k back creation of 4 balls of noro silk garden - a lot of work and still drying on my blocking board but I'm excited about it... I think it's about 5' long but I'm not sure...
What am I thankful for? Here are some things I thought of today (in no particular order):
- My family - all of them - even the ones who make me crazy or upset me from time to time - all the way to the ones who have broken my heart. Each and every one of them has helped me grow to be the person I am today.
- My partner - he's my life. Sharing everything is so much more fun with him!
- Knitting - and all the creativity I have been gifted with - from the interpretations of others' designs to the ability to see art in everyday things
- opposable thumbs (yes, it's something to be thankful for) - actually, having the ability to move at all - to be lucky enough not to be struck with the challenge of being confined to a wheelchair or bed
- my pets - the kitties and doggies - they're my heart.
- gifts of sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste...
- Health in general - being able to breathe clearly, and not being sick
- I am thankful for living in all the different places I have during my life - across the U.S. - having the chance to meet different people and learn from all of them.
- Friends - both on the internet and those who I know face to face - I may not have thousands of friends, but those I do have mean so much to me - people in my life will stop what they're doing, fly across the country and help me out if I need it. (they'll also slap me in the face and give a true "reality" check when I need it, too!)
- Hot water - let's face it; a good long hot shower does wonders -
- My Grandma's chicken and dumplings - so good even the memory makes my mouth water - also banana salad which lots of people think is wierd, but for me is part of tradition.
- Clearance Sales - buying things that are priced 80% off makes me happy.
- Transportation - being able to afford a car, and to like the car I have is a good thing
- Martha Stewart - she's a good thing, too!
- yarn stash (even though it's sometimes a hinderance)
- candlesbyvictoria.com - her candles are amazing
- wandawisdom.com - my daily laugh
- goodies in the mail - receiving cards or notes or packages always gives me a lift - so does a day without any bills in the mail!
- having bills - even though they're a pain, responsibility (and the ability to be responsible) is worth being thankful for.
- YOU - the "invisible" folks who visit my blog and read the things I write - and the "not so invisible" folks who comment - and those of you who have become friends - you're all important to me - and I'm thankful that you come back from time to time to check in with me.
- Peanut Butter. Let's face it; I love the stuff!
- my computer - it was a gift from a close friend - AND it's a MAC! - and while it's a few years old, it's an amazing piece of equipment and I can't say how thankful I am for it - it's reliable and perfect!
- My history - everything I have gone through to get me here - the bad times and the good - all the steps I have made to get me to this day - aside from the temporary hardships that challenges place on us, the lessons we learn stay with us for a lifetime.
- My future - however long it is, on this planet, with this blog, with my family, at my job, in California or wherever I end up, I am thankful for this moment and every second that leads me forward. It's all a process - and it begins with being grateful.
If you have some things to be thankful for, why not list a few of them in the comments - or if you have a blog, send me a link and make a post of your own...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!