Monday, April 16, 2007

We Knit!

My friend Vera and I taught Chuck (Gregg's best friend) who is visiting from St. Louis how to knit this weekend - he was curious, and in a matter of minutes has figured out the "knit" stitch - he's well on his way to making a garter stitch scarf - all in olive green Manos del Uruguay yarn (recycled from the ripped out attempt at a scarf I was making for him last fall)...

On Sunday I went to Alamitos Yarn Co. (at Seal Beach in the Marina) - kind of near Long Beach - for their big sale - I bought some amazing mohair for 50% off - and some hand dyed yarn from Lorna's Lace - I wound it and it's ready to be turned into a beautiful shawl!



We had a great time but the traffic going home made the 1 hour drive take about 4 getting home - it was a slow drive but a rewarding yarn hunt. I can't wait to start the shawl!
I love my yarn buddies!
Kyle



My friend Vera and I taught Chuck (Gregg's best friend) who is visiting from St. Louis how to knit this weekend - he was curious, and in a matter of minutes has figured out the "knit" stitch - he's well on his way to making a garter stitch scarf - all in olive green Manos del Uruguay yarn (recycled from the ripped out attempt at a scarf I was making for him last fall)...

No comments: