Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Something for Mama

I guess since my mom isn't on the internet, it's probably fairly safe to blog about her holiday gift - I found a simple pattern for mitered squares and decided, after rearranging my yarn stash this weekend, that this would be a good pattern for the multiple yarns I have to work with in the colorway that I think my mom will like. I started the first square last night and I'm pretty close to finishing it - I have yet to figure out how many hundreds of squares I'll need - this one is about 7" x 7" square so far...

Here's the box of yarn that I'll be pulling from for Mom's blanket:

I obviously have a long way to go before being done - the hope is that I'll have a blanket in time for Christmas....
and if you know my Mom - don't say anything to her :) - I want to blog the progress but I hope she'll not hear what her gift is - the first present I made her (the sweater) didn't fit her and I never heard anything else about it - I think it was tragically small....

1 comment:

Charles said...

Hi Kyle~
This is Charles!
I just let you know dyeing class will be on Saturday july 28..Also Planning to teach dyeing class at Knit Cafe in Hollywood!

Talk you your friends about the class!!

Thanks