I have been tagged by Andy so I'll play along...
OK, here are the rules:Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you,then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged...
I'm realizing very quickly that it's difficult to come up with eight things at all about me.... but I'm willing to give it a shot - in honor of Andy - here we go:
Eight Things about me:
2. I have 2 cats that were both from rescues in Los Angeles - both were at their respective rescues for more than 6 months because people didn't want disabled kitties. Willow is missing a leg and Winky is missing an eye.... they are both "normal" in that they don't suffer from their missing bits... they're my babies.
3. I used to say I was good at anything crafty except anything involving yarn. - I also have painted, sculpted, done enameling, drawing, etc. - when I was young, I actually exhibited in the Boys and Girls Club Epstein Fine Arts Exhibit National tour... I even have a medal to prove it! :)
4. In 1999, I decided to quit my job, cash in my tiny 401K and go to Paris, France for the Millennium. I did this because I thought if I wait until there's time and money to do a trip like that, it's possible that the trip will never happen. I went, and I'm very glad that I did. The memory of walking around Paris alone on cold late December days makes me smile.
5. I collect McCoy pottery (mostly the white ones), old photos from Disneyland (from when it first opened (I have a photo album of around 100 of these pictures) and vintage photos of people I never met (because it makes me sad that people may have been forgotten... I actually have framed a few old vintage photos and have them up - they're not my "family" but I still think about the "souls" of those people... I wonder about them - where did they grow up, what country.... what language did they speak... did they do well in math... (did they knit!?) etc. etc. and most of all, were they forgotten except for these leftover images...6. I have always wanted a tattoo but I have yet to get one. I want a passage from the diary of Frida Kahlo inked around my ankle... it says (in Spanish) "Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly" - it's beautiful - but I haven't done it because - I'm not real good at dealing with pain.... I don't know how I'll feel about a tattoo on my leg when I'm 75 and it's all wrinkly and faded... and because I don't know what colors I'd have it done in (the original images are done in red)...
7. I worked for a number of years in floral design and some mild event planning/coordination - Some of the weddings I worked on were incredibly huge; and I think one of my favorite things is being under that immense pressure to make things beautiful. I love "figuring things out" when there's little time and it just has to "work"! I miss working with flowers and events; maybe someday I'll get to do that again...
8. When I was in 1st grade, I did something that I am not proud of, but it makes a good story... we had just learned the alphabet and for reciting the ABC's, we got a lollipop. Jalisa (a girl in my class) gave hers to the music teacher to show him her reward. He started to tease her and wouldn't give it back to her. I told him that he needed to give it back, and I was getting really upset that he was being so mean. I marched around the upright piano and bit him on his hind end. (yes, this is true.) He gave the sucker back to the girl, I ended up in the Principal's office, my dad was called, and I got a spanking... I don't remember really who did the spanking - but I know my dad was there - and while I understood that I had done something wrong, I didn't understand (still don't) why the teacher wasn't being punished for not giving back the sucker!...
Here are my victims, and I have chosen these people because I read their blogs constantly and hope they'll indulge me with playing along:
3. Eric & Tony
5. ADD Knitter
6. She Knits By The Seashore
7. sko_G Knits
8. Under Sask Skies
I hope they'll all post - check out their blogs -I have them all on my google reader - OH - and if you don't know about that.. go to www.google.com/reader and sign up - you can put all the blogs you read (including mine!) on there and when a post comes up, it shows on your reader... you can click, read, comment and actually keep up with lots of blogs without looking at 50 of them to learn that only 4 had new posts since you last looked! (neat!)