Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good Old Rusty

I started a new sweater on March 7th - it's flying along... I'm a few inches past the armholes now (top down; my first!) and I love it! this yarn is so soft and at around $6.50 a ball it was a great deal! Here are some of the details (stolen from my ravelry page:)
Needles
US 6 / 4.0 mm
US 9 / 5.5 mm
Yarn
Elsebeth Lavold Silky Flammé
How much?
15 skeins = 1230.0 yards (1124.7m)
Colorway
006 Sienna
Purchased at
Simply Knitting in Santa Clarita, California

I thought I was going to be frustrated or bored with the forever knitting in the round to do the body of the sweater, but, surprisingly, I am calmed by it! There's lots of knitting that I want to be doing - but for now, at least today and tonight, I'm happy with working on this project. It's also nice that a friend from work is driving me to work until I get the whole car thing figured out, so I have an hour or so of knitting time while she drives! I guess, depending on how we look at things, there's good in everything... sure, my car is wrecked and I have no clear information as to when or how it'll get fixed, but at least I have knitting time!

3 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you weren't hurt, even though your poor car took a beating. Your sweater's going to be lovely.

loopykd said...

Wow where do you work? What a nice friend to drive you.

Oh yeah, you are tagged

dickie said...

Awesome color choice for the sweater. And I love your knitting bag from a few posts ago. =)