Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mitered Squares take Forever!



I have been working on my blanket for a week or two now - and I was anxious last night to see how the squares look when laid together. SO, I pulled the 10 that I have completed out of their respective baggies (all individually marked with the order they were created, the date and even some info on where I knit them, along with the color of yarn I used) and laid them on the bedroom floor. I am excited about the way it's looking, but it isn't what I thought it would look like... while I didn't really have any specific colorway in mind, I didn't think that the blanket would end up so random in its colorway.

The good news is this: NORO is awesome. the colors all seem to work together anyway - and it's going to look amazing when I'm 75 years old and it finally gets completed. For now, I'll knit away at my little squares and be happy making the "little" projects - and later... much later... I'll focus on the second little project: assembly!

Which brings me to my question.... does anyone know how to assemble blanket blocks so that there's no seaming on the back? I want to assemble these pieces (at some point) so that it can be fully reversible. I did find the best way to weave in ends (thanks to www.sockpr0n.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-weave-in-ends-while-knitting.html - the tutorial on weaving in ends!) If anyone knows a good link for assembly of blankets, email me or post in the comments please :)

An update on the yarn stash yarn swap

I am going to make the cutoff this coming Sunday July 15th - and the following week I'll send out the emails to everyone with the info for their partners - thanks to all who joined up - it should be a fun way to force us to dig through our stashes!

Bishops is Closing

As I mentioned before, Bishop's Yarns in Chatsworth is shutting down - this is her last month, and everything is 50% off! - she's selling all her display cabinets (most are gone), as well as yarn, needles, books, etc. - if you are in the Los Angeles area, I'd strongly suggest coming out to see her store and buying what you can while you can - LOTS of good yarn still left for the grabbing...

Bishops Yarns

21820 Devonshire St.

Chatsworth, CA

818-407-1069

I believe their hours are Tuesday - Saturday from 10AM - 4PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just made my way over here from one of the Ravelry groups.

The blanket looks awesome. Reminds me a bit of Hundertwasser designs.

And yes, Noro is wonderful and so incredibly addictive! (I'm just making Lizard Ridge out of tons of Noro Kureyon...)